Whereas: This nation has been a stiff-necked and rebellious people who have run after other gods, lusting after pleasures, money, fame and power.
Whereas: Sexual irresponsibility and perversion have polluted our nation, and the blood of the innocents cries out to You.
Whereas: We have embraced a “culture of death” where violence has permeated our entertainment, our homes and our schools.
Whereas: Our sins have destroyed lives, dishonored You, and defiled our land.
Whereas: Many in the Church have profaned the holy Name of God by participating in and condoning the above sinful behavior.
And Whereas: It is written:
“IF MY PEOPLE, who are called by MY NAME, will humble themselves, and pray ,and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, THEN I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.” – 2 Chronicles 7:14
Most Gracious God, Creator of heaven and earth, Almighty in Power, Awesome in Grace and Mercy — the only True and Living God — We, Your people, humble ourselves before You this day and acknowledge that we have sinned greatly and deserve Your righteous wrath. We beseech You, our LORD, to remember the Blood of Jesus that was shed for us and, in wrath, to remember mercy. We implore You to pour out a Spirit of conviction and repentance upon your slumbering, backslidden Church so that all of God‘s people may truly humble themselves and pray and turn from their wicked ways.
We shamefully acknowledge, and humbly ask Your forgiveness, for :
- Our complacency, compromise, apathy
- Loving the world more than God, which has made us Your enemies (James. 4:4)
- Our ignorance of the Holy Scriptures and the life of Faith.
- Ignoring or neglecting our call to prayer and fasting.
- Living ungodly lifestyles that have profaned the Holy Name of the Lord. (abortion, divorce, pornography, and fornication are rampant in the Church)
- Clothing ourselves with affluence instead of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans13:11)
- The glorification of external beauty instead of the inner beauty of integrity and holiness. (1 Peter 3:3-4)
- Being a part of the problem instead of the answer: not being salt and light
- Harboring unforgiveness, bitterness, jealousy, hatred, offense toward our brothers.
- Having no holy fear of God – the fear of God is wisdom and the beginning of knowledge
- Sleeping while the enemy has advanced his agendas across our land through our schools, our entertainment, and false religion
- Allowing this nation to plummet into the present depths of moral depravity. (Job 28:28)
- Our lack of compassion for the lost: failing to heed our Commission (Mark 16:15)
- Our lack of passion for the Lord: Idolatry – loving ourselves and the world more than Him.
- The anti-Semitic spirit which has pervaded the Church, and for the false belief that the Church has replaced Israel in God’s prophetic and redemptive plan.
- Condoning homosexual “marriage” and leadership in the Church – calling acceptable and normal what God calls an abomination.
- The sins of racism and segregation.
- For embracing the wicked spirit of freemasonry, which has brought deception and defilement upon the Church.
- For embracing political rhetoric over the unchanging truth of Your Word and voting in leaders who are promoting un-godly legislation supporting death and perversion instead of life and righteousness.
O LORD, to us belongs shame of face because we have sinned against You. And so, gracious God, we make our prayer before You that we might turn from our iniquities and walk in Your truth. O LORD, according to all Your righteousness, we pray, let Your anger be turned away from our nation… Righteous and merciful God, incline Your ear and hear; open Your eyes and see our desolations…for we do not present our supplications before You because of our righteous deeds, but because of Your great mercies. O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act! Do not delay for Your own sake, my God… For why should the nations say, “Where is their God?” (Daniel 9, Psalm 79:10)
O LORD, may You hear our prayers and supplications, and forgive Your people who have sinned against You. Now, our God, we pray, let Your eyes be open and let Your ears be attentive to the prayers made today in this place. And may America once again be a nation which is exalted by righteousness and whose God is the LORD. (Proverbs 14:34 and Psalm 33:12).
Rev. Barbara L. Potts
CAPITOL HILL PRAYER PARTNERS
REFORMATION PRAYER NETWORK
KINGDOM RISING MINISTRIES